Board member selection and development will be a continual process involving all Board members. The objective of this process is systematic identification, preparation, and succession that maintains the continuity and integrity of the Board.
- All Board members will be responsible for cultivating relationships with persons who may meet the qualifications as future Board members;
- Before submitting a name for consideration, a Board member will informally ascertain the potential candidates compliance with the Board Member Qualifications (III.B) policy;
- Board members will inform the Board about potential candidates;
- From the list of potential candidates, the Board will develop a prioritized list;
- The Board will have two additional members talk with the potential candidates to determine a mutual fit using the Evaluation Tool Guide;
- Using the prioritized list, candidates will be invited by a Board member to have their name submitted in nomination;
- The nominated candidates will be elected according to the Bylaws;
- New Board members will receive an in-depth orientation to the organization and Policy Governance by the Chief Governance Official and Executive Director.
Adopted: October, 2007 | Modified: August, 2010 | Printed: January, 2013