The only elected Board officers are the Chief Governance Official (C.G.O.) and Vice Governance Official (V.G.O.). The responsibility of the Chief Governance Official is to maintain the integrity of the governance process and represent the Board to outside parties. The Vice Governance Official shall assume the responsibilities if the Chief Governance Official is unable to fulfill the responsibilities.
Specifically, the Chief Governance Official shall:
- Ensure that the Board and individual member’s actions are consistent with the principles of Policy Governance®;
- Presides over Board meetings in accord with the Annual Governance Calendar (III.H)and Board Meeting Agenda (III.I) policies utilizing effective group process;
- Utilize effective group process (see Board Member Evaluation & Development policy, III.O) guiding the Board’s deliberations;
- Use any reasonable interpretation of the provisions in Governance Process and Board/ Management Relations policies;
- Be responsible for the Board/Management Relations including regular interaction with the Executive Director. The Chief Governance Official has no individual authority to supervise or direct the Executive Director without specific Board direction;
- Appoint Secretary, Treasurer, and Task Group Chairs and members of task groups established by the Board;
- Sign documents and contracts for CommunityIMPACT, Inc. as required by law and the Board.
Specifically, the Vice-Governance Official shall:
- Assist the CGO as requested;
- Assume the responsibilities of the CGO if exigent circumstances arise.
Specifically, the Secretary shall meet the legal requirements for the Board position (the Board assumes the tacit responsibilities will be delegated to executive staff):
Specifically, the Treasurer shall meet the legal requirements for the Board position (the Board assumes the tacit responsibilities will be delegated to executive staff).
- Evidence of Insurance
- Evidence of 990 Submission
- Evidence of State Filings
- Evidence of Donation Letters
- Annual Financials Submitted to the Board
- Evidence of Payroll Taxes and Form 941
- Evidence of Form 1099 filed with the IRS and distributed to Vendors
- Annual Audit or Review conducted by outside firm and the Public Disclosure Document
Drafted: October, 2007 | Modified: January, 2009 | Printed: January, 2013