Every intention and action of each Board member is aligned with Christ-like integrity and obedience.
Specifically, each Board member must:
- Maintain the confidentiality of privileged information and never use such information for personal gain;
- Support every Board decision, even if personally opposed, and will not make private or public statements contrary to the decisions of the Board;
- Declare a potential duality of interest that may exist regarding an impending Board decision;
- Handle complaints or conflicts regarding the services or staff of CommunityIMPACT, Inc. in accord with CommunityIMPACT, Inc.’s Conflict Management Policy document;
- Treat other Board members and staff with civility, respect, and address these conflicts through the Conflict Management Policy leading to restoration;
- Not enter into the day-to-day operations of CommunityIMPACT, Inc. unless as a volunteer at the discretion of the Executive Director;
- Refrain from speaking on behalf of the Board, unless designated to do so by the Board.
- Noncompliance with the Code of Conduct policy may result in removal from the Board in accord with the Discipline Process for Policy Violations (III.F).
Adopted: August, 2007 | Modified: January, 2008 | Printed: January, 2013